Holy Trinity Seminary Announces 75th Anniversary Year Events
Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary’s administration, faculty, and students are excited to announce that this year marks the 75th anniversary or Diamond Jubilee of the seminary: 1948-2023! All alumni, friends, and benefactors of the seminary are encouraged to make a pilgrimage to Jordanville at least once during 2023.
This anniversary year’s celebrations begin with the seminary’s upcoming patronal Feast of the Three Hierarchs: Sts. Basil the Great, Gregory the Theologian, and John Chrysostom, on Sunday, February 12, 2023.
The main anniversary event will take place between Jordanville and Cooperstown, NY from September 14-17, 2023.
There are therefore several times during this year when one may consider making a pilgrimage to Jordanville.
- Feast of the Three Hierarchs: Sunday, February 12
- Commencement 2023: Sunday, May 28
- HTOS Alumni Reunion (tentative): Monday, May 29
- Pentecost and Holy Spirit Day: Sunday – Monday, June 4-5
- Labor Day Weekend: Saturday – Monday, September 2-4
- Main Anniversary Celebration: Thursday – Sunday, September 14-17 (main banquet to take place on Sunday in the Otesaga Hotel in Cooperstown, NY)
In the coming days, a dedicated page will be added to the seminary’s website with information and links relative to this momentous anniversary. A link to that page will then be posted here, so stay tuned for exciting news and updates, and begin thinking about when the best time will be to visit the monastery and the seminary this year. Every season of the year is beautiful here in upstate NY in its own special way!